Saturday 29 September 2018

A love nest in Limpopo (7)

As Madifako was preparing Maggie's quotation she asked for her full names. "I am Maggy with a 'y' and because o moPedi, I know that my surname is simple yet always misspelt so I will spell it...M...U (not O)...D...A...U! Maggy Mudau!

That last name sent shivers down Madifako’s spine considering that she has just spent a haphazard night with a Maanda Mudau. Suddenly she was overwhelmed by Maggy’s presence and all sorts of thoughts ran through her mind. ‘Is this Maanda’s WIFE?’ ‘Could this woman be here to check me out?’ ‘Is she testing waters?’ ‘Should I run for my life?’ And as the thoughts were pouring one after the other, Maggy put her hand on Madifako’s shoulder to ask if she was okay?

Madifako almost jumped out of her skin with fear and Maggy noticed that she was shook. “Madifako, are you fine?”
“Uhm, yes yes..I am okay, sorry just got distracted there for a minute. I have just remembered that I have another appointment. I almost forgot about it.” Maggy said, “Oh sorry honey bunch we did take longer than expected let me dash I’ve also got a hair appointment with Malik and I must tell you how meticulous he gets with time. Send me the quote via email mudaum@gmail.com …very easy to remember.” She said this as she was grabbing her handbag, car keys and heading for the door.

Madifako almost struggled to stand up to walk her client out as she suddenly became disoriented wishing to ask Maggy if she knew Maanda Mudau? Madifako stood at the door waved back at Maggy as she drove towards the gate in her SUV. As the gate closed behind Maggy all Madifako could do was untie everything…first the jacket needed to get off; the tie undone and skirt loosened…she needed to breathe.
This was not how she expected her day to pen out. She went straight for the whisky bottle, poured a tot into a fresh glass and took a gulp to shake herself back to life. Maggy’s scent lingered in Madifako’s studio and she needed to get out of there and go for a drive. Madifako went to Cubana at Platinum Park and ordered an entire bottle of wine for  herself. There was something unsettling about Maggy Mudau, her consultation felt too coincidental.

Madifako drank herself to a pulp and went straight for her phone and drunk-dialled Trevor.
"Hello"
"Hi Trevor, I know things are weird between us right now but can you come pick me up from Cubana? I cannot drive in the state I am in.
Without thinking twice Trevor called Jeremy the Maxi Taxi driver to pick him up from Ladanna to fetch his woman. In no time Trevor walked into the restaurant like a hero to save his damsel in clear distress.

As he carried Madifako into the house he undressed her and got her into her pyjamas and tucked her in bed; and as he was about to leave, Madifako called out to Trevor and asked him to come sleep next to her and just hold her...Trevor obliged.

No comments:

Post a Comment