Friday 21 June 2019

A Love Nest in Limpopo (14)

Madifako could not take it anymore and she hung up. This felt like a scene from a horror movie and she needed to pause and take a breather. She sat down on her couch with her face in her hands wondering why she even picked up Maanda's call on that dreadful day of the hotel in the first place. She was yanked out of her thoughts by Trevor walking into the house.

"Hey Babe. How have you been?" Madifako desperately wanted to confess it all to Trevor to relieve the pain she was feeling in her heart.
"I've been okay thanks and you?"
"I am not so fine love, do you have a moment to talk?"
"Ohhh not you again..." thought Madifako, "Yeah sure Trev, what's up?"
"Remember I told you that Mbali will be in town over the weekend to discuss the pregnancy?"
"Yeah..."
"Well she is in town NOW and she said she wanted to surprise me blah blah blah...So, I did not want to get too much into that so I suggested we meet at a neutral place tonight for supper and I still want you to come with as I will be introducing her to my fiance."
Madifako felt hot in the most obscure place...her armpits...she could not take the stress anymore.
"Ok Trevor, but do you think that's a wise move going there with me? It sounds like Mbali believes that you two are still an item..."
"That's what I want to correct and it's important for you to be there because if that child is indeed mine he or she will be raised by me and her with you as the step parent. We cannot leave it for later."
"Alright Trevor, do what you deem fit."
"Thanks my love, let me call her and tell her we will meet at CoFi Savannah in the next hour and half."

As Trevor was on the line in the other room, Madifako wanted to jump out of the window and RUN! She wanted to talk to Motlatjo about this but remembered that she and her best friend were fast approaching "ENEMYFONTEIN." The thought of her losing her friend over Maanda made her want to cry. Madifako quickly thought that maybe going with Trevor to CoFi would make her an audience in someone else's drama and shifting focus from her own. Besides, she would really like to see this woman who has been taunting her relationship with Trevor for two years now.

Trevor came back to the living room with a raised eyebrow.
"What is it Trev?"
"I am not too sure. So, I called Mbali and secured our appointment and fortunately I also told her that I will not  be alone."
"Were you clear with her that it's me you are coming with?"
"Uhm not really..."
"Ahhh Trev, you know that's going to be dramatic but anyway...Why that look on your face?"
"Well I received a message from some strange number and this person asks to meet me saying she knows it's a meeting I would not want to miss."
"Did she say who she was?"
"Yes, I just don't recognize the name...she says she is Maggy Mudau. I will call her tomorrow morning. Right  now I just want to be with my beautiful wife-to-be since I have missed her so much. Come here and give daddy some sugar."



No comments:

Post a Comment