Friday 21 June 2019

A Love Nest in Limpopo (13)

"I am really sorry...I need to get out of here! I will call you again and we can make a proper arrangement to meet and talk thoroughly about this. Right now I just want to go home."
Madifako was torn between Maggy and Motlatjo because her best friend was in the bedroom screaming at someone on her phone whilst her client was crying and struggling dismally to compose herself. Madifako decided to release Maggy and focus on her best friend.
As Madifako walked into her bedroom where Motlatjo was now swearing into the handset speaker telling whomever on the end of the line to tell his wife to stay the hell away from her before she does something she is going to regret...Madifako only assumed that it was Maanda and she walked out of the bedroom nauseous at the thought of him.

Motlatjo joined Madifako in her kitchen and it was only then that Madifako noticed the horribly swollen blue-black and red left eye that Motlatjo had. "Oh my friend, you need to see the doctor, that eye does not look right."
"To hell with that I am going to my house to meet Maanda to give him a piece of my mind. He will have to take me to the doctor; I will see you later Fako...and I am sorry for everything!" Motlatjo drove off like a maniac leaving Madifako in a mess of a house with remnants of a complicated story. Her small coffee table was broken and there was broken glass on the floor as well which she had to move furniture to clean up. The house looked a mess and Madifako swallowed the lump in her throat which promised a flood of tears that she was not ready to release because crying was clearly becoming a norm.
After the mini Spring-Cleaning Madifako thought to check up on Motlatjo and gave her a call. The phone did not ring more than twice and a sobbing voice answered the phone.
"Chomi..."
"Motlatjo, ke eng? (What is it?)
"Madifako I really cannot do this anymore. Maanda is going to call you shortly because there is clearly something you two must talk about."
"Motlatjo, what are you saying? You are confusing me. Maanda and I have nothing to talk about. Can you just tell me what's going on please"
Motlatjo hung up without responding to Madifako's plea and as if on cue Maanda Mudau called.
"What is it?"
"Madifako please don't hang up...I need to talk to you."
"Maanda, I seriously have nothing to say to you because all you have brought to my life is havoc."
"I know but the problem I have now is that I am hopelessly in love with you and have decided that you are the one I want to be with. I should have handled the situation better but I realize that there is no time like the present. I have ended things with Motlatjo and for the first time in years I was blatantly honest with my wife and told her that I want you. I completely understand if you want nothing to do with me but you have inspired me to do things right. I will wait for you Madifako...I will wait!"
Madifako could not take it anymore and she hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment